Sunday, December 4, 2011

Our First Christmas Tree

My First Christmas Tree
Christmas is here once again and with it I get to finally put on my first ever Christmas Tree. I did have them growing up, but this is MINE. Ever since my husband and I started living together it was sort of an unspoken rule that we would put our First Tree when we had a house of our own.

So this year it finally happened, we bought a house, have a bundle of joy on the way AND put up a Christmas tree. For me is a very big deal because they mean family. I can't wait to have my son look and like the Christmas Tree, of course this means he has to be born and since he isn't due until February I guess another year will be.

My hubby wants to do his part in the Christmas Tree wagon (paying for it isn't enough for him) so he is in charge of the Topper. (Notice how it doesn't have one) He wants to put an angel or a star, I don't know yet since he is going to buy it and set it up. I had already bought some bow making things and planned to do a bow and with the remaining stuff wrap the tree around. But if he wants to be part of this I will let him and it makes me extremely happy.

Let me tell you that decorating a Christmas Tree while pregnant is NOT an easy thing. For starters there is always very big belly right in front of you not letting you get close enough, and second its really hard to bend anymore.

See what I mean

Don't get me wrong I love Christmas Trees and I love my pregnancy and if I had to choose I chose my baby hands down, its just a little harder that all.

On and all it was a great experience and I know now what I will need for next year and what I need to learn. For example how to properly arrange the lights and ornaments, they look messy and unorganized. When we light the tree up it looks really weird, there are more lights on one side that the other, but for it being both ours first one I think we did OK.

Well I think this is all on Christmas Trees, lets wait for my hubby's Topper and we will see.

Take Care
Gil

No comments:

Post a Comment