Wednesday, January 4, 2012

35 Weeks and Counting


Already 35 Weeks have passed and my little one is starting to get ready to make his debut in a month. The nursery is almost ready. (Only a few finishing touches) but besides that everything else is ready but me. There are times during the day (mostly when he is active and doesn't let me breathe) when I wish I would go into labor soon and have him already. (This also happens when my feet hurt a lot) But most of the time I am scared, not only of childbirth, but of taking him home. What am I going to do with "it" when I get home. I mean they say that newborns eat, cry, sleep and poop. I plan on breastfeeding so I can't count on anyone else to feed him. I can delegate diaper changes but that's about it. I guess I am just scared of the unknown.

And another thing, what am I going to do about my family, specially my mom. This is her first grandchild and she is almost certain, and we have told her a LOT of times that it isn't going to happen, that she is coming to stay with me when he is born. My MIL is very excited too, this is her 4th but this one is the closest to home.

How I am going to handle them all, without hurting anyone's feeling.

On a lighter note here are some pictures of the nursery.



This his changing table with everything needed at the sides. The Changing Mattress just needs a cover and we are done. I know there is stuff on the floor, those are the details I mentioned needed work. 


  So this is the closet and all the clothes are organized by size.




Except for a few items most of the decoration is from the baby shower. The clothespin line is from a game played at the Shower. And the carriage on the center is a giftcard holder.









So the balloon is from the shower but the little plaque is from a trip to Florida I made in September.





The bag is ready with diapers, pads, clothes and everything for the baby's First Outing or for the hospital. I am not quite sure what I need to bring to the hospital, so I made a bag. 




The crib needs to be set, but I figured that should be done when we get home from the hospital because it might get dust.



While I was on my Florida Vacation, my husband stayed home and made this with a friend. I always wanted a sky on the roof for the baby to look at and he made it for me. I was watching the birth of our niece and helping the mom. So, he stayed home.


 

Well that all the news for now.


 

Gilca

No comments:

Post a Comment